Check your own information in the criminal record
As a private individual you have the right to request an extract pertaining to yourself. The extract is not meant to be used as a certificate to show that you have not been convicted of and punished for a crime.
Police record extract via e-service
To use the e-service, you must have an e-mail address that you are willing to provide.
Do not use the e-service if:
- You are a citizen of an EU country other than Sweden or the United Kingdom.
- You want an extract for checking your own information sent to your special postal address or Poste Restante.
Then use the appropriate form instead.
If you are unable to use the e-service, please use one of the forms.
1. Fill in the form
Extract from the criminal records registry, individual. In Swedish - Form to fill in digitally and then print out
Extract from the criminal records registry, individual. In Swedish - Form to print out and then fill in by hand
- It is only possible to request a police record extract about yourself. Power of attorney for another person does not apply.
- If you do not have a Swedish personal ID number (or a coordination number), you will need to state your date of birth (year, month and day) and your full name (all given names and surnames) on the application.
Fill in the application clearly and sign it personally
Keep in mind that a properly prepared and completely filled in application that is personally signed with a pen facilitates your obtaining a police record extract faster.
2. Send in the form
Scan or photograph the signed form and then send the form by e-mail or post to the police.
Polismyndigheten/The Swedish Police Authority
SE-981 27 Kiruna
3. You will receive a criminal records registry extract
You will receive a criminal records register extract from us by post. This extract may only be sent to your address registered in the central population registry, a special address you have registered with the Swedish Tax Agency, or to a Poste Restante address. Poste Restante means that an envelope must be collected at a post office.
The processing time is up to two weeks from the time we have received the application until the time we send the extract. The processing time may vary depending on how many people request extracts at a given time.
If you are a citizen of another country in the European Union or the United Kingdom, the police retrieve information from that country. This means the processing time may be slightly longer.
We cannot prioritize a certain application.
The following applies for the extract
The purpose of the criminal records register extract is to provide you with information that may be registered about you in the criminal records registry. The extract is not meant to be used as a certificate to show that you do not have a criminal record.